- This event has passed.
Drive in Cinema: Fright Night on Film
31/10/2020 @ 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
This event was postponed due to a terrible weather forecast.
We plan to bring an outdoor cinema event to East Devon in 2021.
One night, 2 films, lots of laughs.
A Hallowe’en Drive-In never looked so good.
Come to the picturesque village of Beer on the Jurassic coast and join us for East Devon’s Fright Night On Film Drive In Cinema. We’ve got 2 films: first off at 5pm the quirky, funny and visually stunning animation
Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride (pg)
See Gretel, age 5 review it here.
Then at 9pm we’ll be showing cult comedy classic
Shaun of the Dead (15)
Cornettos available from our In-Car order service.
How does it work?
- Buy your ticket online
- Drive into the village, admire the decorations and follow the signs to the Drive In Cinema
- arrive at the car park BEFORE the screening time: gates open at 4pm / 8pm.
- follow our helpful stewards to the CHECK IN POINT where we’ll have your name on our list – no paper needed
- our lovely steward will give you a BLUETOOTH SPEAKER in a bag all sanitised and ready to go. The bag will contain full instructions on how to access the movie sound.
- our lovely steward will also give you a PROGRAMME which contains all sorts of other useful info, including how to WHATS APP your refreshments order to us, and your pre paid TRICK OR TREAT GOODY BAG (what’s this?)
- then another lovely steward will wave you into your parking space where you’ll stay for the duration of the event
- if you need us just pop your hazard lights on and if its a real emergency beep your horn.
- you may want to bring a towel to wipe a fogged up windscreen, but we’ll have some paper towel too, and you may wish to bring a blanket to snuggle up under. If possible please don’t run your engine during the film for the comfort of everyone around you.
- Also don’t forget that face mask if you’re 11+ for any visits to the loo.
We’ve got the BEST CINEMA FOOD with LEMONJELLI, popcorn and Trick or Treat Goody bags. And what’s more Whats App is our friend. We’ll take your order via what’s app and bring it to you. All refreshments will be available from 4.15pm until 10pm.
COVID 19 PRECAUTIONS
we’ve got our IN CAR ordering service for food, drinks and popcorn
we’ve got face FACE MASKS
we’ve got SANITISED SPEAKERS in bags with a wipe and a guide
we’re going PAPERLESS with tickets and CONTACTLESS card payments
we’ve got LOOS at The Dolphin, with an outdoor queuing system
you’ve got your BUBBLE inside the safety of your car
Massive thanks to Beer Parish Council and the Coastal Communities Trust for making this event possible, and to The Dolphin Hotel for letting us use their facilities and generally being Good Eggs.